Back to News
Planned System Update June 21
Posted on 30 Mar 2021
We’re upgrading our Clinical IT System!
We believe this new system will provide a more efficient and effective way of managing your healthcare needs by introducing better ways of working for our practice, and also enable us to be better connected to other NHS Services both locally and nationally.
We are doing all we can to minimise disruption for our patients during this transition, however there will be some impact on our services. Please note the following:
· All Online Services (incl. prescription requests) must be with us by 18th June 2021 as services will be suspended from this date. Following the upgrade our online services will change to a different provider which will require patients to re-register for this service. We will NOT be able to register patients for our NEW online service until Monday 5th July 2021. Further information to follow.
· All EPS prescription issues (electronically transferred to a pharmacy) will cease by 18th June 2021 and resume by 5th July 2021. Medication needed during this time and before 5th July 2021 will be printed on paper and must be collected by patient /pharmacy.
· Patients will NOT be able to request test results between 24th June & 25th June 2021. However our GPs will contact all patients whose results need urgent follow up after this date.
· Routine referrals between 24th June & 25th June 2021 will be completed as soon as possible after 26th June 2021. Urgent referrals will NOT be delayed.
· We will NOT be able to register new patients from Friday 4th June 2021 until Monday 5th July 2021. If you are not registered with a practice and need to be seen during this time please attend a local Urgent Care Centre. The closest one to us is Queen Elizabeth Hospital SE18 4QH.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but believe both staff and patients will benefit significantly from the new system. Thank you for your patience.