Repeat Medication Review
A helping hand
Order your repeat prescription online:
Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment. Your doctor or GP Pharmacist will decide who can have a repeat prescription. It is essential you attend a medication review to ensure you are receiving the right treatment for your healthcare needs and that there is no delay with your next repeat prescription. Our Clinical Pharmacists have the appropriate training to carry out your medication review.
Please read further for information on our Patient Objective.
We are making changes to the way you can renew your repeat prescriptions
- Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see our GP Pharmacist at least once a year to review their regular medications. We do this to keep a check on your illness. Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Notification for medication reviews will appear on your repeat slip or text message. To avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions, you must book an appropriate appointment for medication reviews
- Doctors and GP Pharmacists normally issue prescriptions with one- or two-month’s supply at a time. However, they can authorise a batch of repeat prescriptions for up to 12 months if clinically appropriate.
Electronic repeat dispensing (eRD)
- Electronic repeat dispensing (eRD) allows your doctor to authorise and issue a batch of repeatable prescriptions for up to 12 months with just one digital signature.
- For some patients, we will be changing your repeat prescription to a ‘batch’ and benefits for you include:
- no need to contact the surgery to reorder at regular intervals unless your condition changes
- retain regular contact with your dispenser, who is responsible for checking that your circumstances haven’t changed since the previous issue of the prescription was collected
- change nominated dispenser at any time during the duration of the eRD prescription
- if clinically appropriate can request the next issue early or obtain more than one prescription, for example when going on holiday